Monday, March 7, 2011

Firsts: Mardi Gras

This weekend I went to Brewton, Alabama to see Mike and Cassie along with my friend Dustin to meet our niece Snooki Kathleen. Is that just the cutest puppy face that you've ever seen?? She is a precious puppy even if she doesn't quite know how to properly use her mouth yet and not gnaw on you with her razors baby teeth.

Anyways with the rain Friday night thankfully Mike's softball games were canceled but with more pending rain Saturday evening we changed plans from the parade in Mobile to go to Pensacola. OH MY WORD! I never have had so much fun at a parade like I did in Pensacola. The parade seemed to go on forever but the floats were really well done and some more crazy than others, but we were able to get a ton of beads which really was the whole goal of the day. I know this still probably had nothing like New Orleans where people are sloshed all over the place and there are women and men going crazy like I've seen on COPS, but it was actually very family friendly and just a whole lot of fun. BTW I won the game and ended up with 72 beads, which my number was helped by Dustin because he is just that nice. Here are some before and after pictures.


We had so much fun and it was definitely a great week and a great time to knock some "firsts" off my list.
Firsts I experienced:
-trip to Brewton
-time to see Snookleen
-driving 85 and 65 south alone (yes amazing I know, but truly never driven either solo)
-trip to Pensacola
-Mardi Gras 

Hope everyone had as great of a weekend as I did!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment